1. The name of the organisation shall be the Shakespeare Line Promotion Group.
2. The objectives of the Group shall be to pursue matters of interest and concern with relevant authorities and other parties regarding the performance and development of rail services between Birmingham, Stratford upon Avon, Leamington Spa, London in particular and in the West Midlands in general.
3. Membership shall be open to all persons and Bodies supportive of these objectives.
4. To pursue its objectives, the Group may receive subscriptions, donations and other contributions and income to offset relevant expenditure.
5. The conduct of business of the Group will be undertaken by a Committee of not more than fifteen duly elected persons and others who may be co-opted by the Committee.
6. The Committee shall meet at least four times per annum and shall convene an Annual General Meeting in May of each year for the purpose of reviewing the affairs of the past year considering matters of interest and concern; receiving a financial report, the year to run to the 31st March; and electing a Committee.
7. The members of the Committee shall elect a Chairperson, a Treasurer and Secretary and may appoint such other Officers as is deemed necessary.
8. All monies payable to the Group shall be credited to a Bank or Building Society account held by and for the Group, under the trusteeship of the Treasurer and two other members of the Committee.
9. Members shall receive a minimum of one week’s notice of the Annual General Meeting and of any other General Meeting of the Group.
10. Any amendments to the Constitution shall be made at a properly convened General Meeting of members, as shall any decision to suspend or disband the Group or dispose of any funds that may remain. An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called at the request of six ordinary members.